Friday, September 4, 2009

crib bumper... finally


Those of you who know me well, know that I can be somewhat fanatical about Baby Awesome and his safety.... so I made the crib skirt for his crib before he was born, but could not bring myself to put in a bumper with all the SIDS risks... so I just got around to making one, and I am pumped with the results! The blue fabric is Amy Butler fabric- you will find I am also slightly obsessed with Amy Butler fabric... I talk about Amy Butler and her fabric as if we are BFF... But I love the way the bumper turned out! It is so cheerful-looking to me- Baby Awesome must wake up every morning and say "Wow, what lovely fabric! Today is going to be a wonderful day!" Wouldn't it be positively delightful to wake up every morning with that attitude? Anyway, this is the effect it has on me. I walk past his sweet nursery, and my breath catches a little when I see his crib, see the beautiful cheerful colors, and know that my Baby Sweetness is sleeping blissfully, peacefully, and safely- snuggled up inside. Then my favorite thing is to walk in his room in the morning while he is chatting to himself- probably about all the fun he is going to have with Mommy and Daddy that day- and then he hears me walk in, and peaks his head up above the bumper and giggles when he sees me! No one tells you, pre-children, about the way your heart can swell so much at the sight of your Baby Awesome. It is bliss defined.

No comments:

Post a Comment